Optical resolution HPLC column packings carrying penicillin sulfoxide nucleus. Part IV. Effect of substituents in the benzyl ester group on the optical resolution efficiency
- 20 Downloads
Fourteen new vinyl polymers carrying penicillin sulfoxide nucleus, poly (substituted-benzyl 1-oxo-6-metha-crylaminopenicillanate)s, were synthesized in order to investigate the influence of the substituents on the optical resolution capabilities. The resolution efficiency of the high-performance liquid chromatography columns comprising the obtained polymers were examined usingtrans-stilbene oxide and N-acetyl-1-phenethyl-amine. It was found that some columns resolved both racemates, some one, while the others did not separate either. A polymer which has 2,6-dichlorobenzyl moiety was found to resolve both racemates more effectively than the unsubstituted polymer.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Optical resolution Polymeric adsorbents Penicillin sulfoxide Substituent effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Saotome, T. Miyazawa, T. Endo, Chromatographia28, 505 (1989), part III.Google Scholar
- Y. Saotome, T. Miyazawa, T. Endo, Chromatographia28, 509 (1989), part I.Google Scholar
- Y. Saotome, T. Miyazawa, T. Endo, Chromatographia,28, 511 (1989), part II.Google Scholar
- Y. Saotome, T. Miyazawa, T. Endo, J. Polym. Sci. Part C, Polym. Lett.26, 485 (1988).Google Scholar
- Y. Saotome, T. Miyazawa, T. Endo, unpublished. Correspond with Y.S. for synthetic schemes and spectral data for the monomers and their intermediates.Google Scholar