On the correctness of nonlinear boundary value problems for systems of generalized ordinary differential equations
- 12 Downloads
The concept of a strongly isolated solution of the nonlinear boundary value problem
is introduced, whereA: [a, b]→R n×n is a matrix-function of bounded variation,f: [a, b]×R n →R n is a vector-function belonging to a Carathéodory class, andh a continuous operator from the space ofn-dimensional vector-functions of bounded variation intoR n .
$$dx(t) = dA(t) \cdot f(t,x(t)),h(x) = 0,$$
It is stated that the problems with strongly isolated solutions are correct. Sufficient conditions for the correctness of these problems are given.
1991 Mathematics Subject Classification34B15
Key words and phrasesStrongly isolated solution correct problem Carathéodory class Opial condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. Krasnoselsky and S. G. Krein, Averaging principle in nonlinear mechanics. (Russian)Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 10(1955), No. 3, 147–152.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Kurzweil and Z. Vorel, On the continuous dependence on the parameter of the solutions of the differential equations. (Russian)Czechoslovak Math. J. 7(1957), No. 4, 568–583.Google Scholar
- 3.D. G. Bitsadze and I. T. Kiguradze, On the stability of the set of the solutions of the nonlinear boundary value problems. (Russian)Differentsial'nye Uravneniya 20(1984), No. 9, 1495–1501.Google Scholar
- 4.I. T. Kiguradze, Boundary value problems for systems of ordinary differential equations. (Russian)Current problems in mathematics. Newest results, Vol. 30, 3–103,Itogi nauki i tekhniki, Acad. NaukSSSR, Vsesoyuzn. Inst. Nauchn. i Tekhn. Inform., Moscow, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Kurzweil, Generalized ordinary differential equations and continous dependence on a parameter.Czechoslovak Math. J. 7(1957), No. 3, 418–449.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Schwabik, M. Tvrdy, and O. Vejvoda, Differential and integral equations: Boundary value problems and adjoints.Academia, Praha, 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Ashordia, On the correctness of linear boundary value problems for systems of generalized ordinary differential equations.Georgian Math. J. 1(1994), No. 4, 385–394.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Ashordia, On the correctness of Cauchy-Nicoletti's boundary value problem for systems of nonlinear generalized ordinary differential equations. (Russian)Differentsial'nye Uravneniya 31(1995), No. 3, 382–392.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Ashordia, The conditions for existence and uniqueness of solutions of nonlinear boundary value problems for systems of generalized ordinary differential equations. (Russian)Differentsial'nye Uravneniya (in print).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1996