Synthesis of condensed systems containing the tetrazole ring by base-catalyzed intramolecular cyclization of quaternary ammonium salts
- 59 Downloads
Quaternary ammonium salts containing propargyl and 3-(2-methyltetrazol-5-yl)propargyl groups undergo base-catalyzed cyclization at room temperature with self heating to form condensed heterocyclic systems containing the tetrazole ring. Heating at 90–92°C for 2 h is necessary to cyclize the allyl analogs of the starting salts.
KeywordsAmmonium Organic Chemistry Tetrazole Allyl Quaternary Ammonium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. O. Chukhadzhyan, El. O. Chukhadzhyan, K. G. Shakhatuni, and N. T. Gevorkyan,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1061 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.E. O. Chukhadzhyan, L. A. Manasyan, El. O. Chukhadzhyan, and K. G. Shakhatuni,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 68 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.F. R. Benson, in:Heterocyclic Compounds, Vol. 8: Tetrazoles, Tetrazines, and Purines and Related Ring Systems, R. C. Elderfield (ed.), Wiley, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.L. A. Kazitsyna and N. B. Kupletskaya,Application of UV, IR, NMR and Mass Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1971), p. 67.Google Scholar
- 5.E. S. Stern and C. J. Timmons,Gillam and Stern's Introduction to Electronic Absorption Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, 3rd Ed., Arnold, London (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.R. A. Henry, U. S. Patent 3351627;R. Zh. Khim., 23N231 P (1967).Google Scholar