A stability-indicating assay for bendrofluazide using high-performance liquid chromatography
- 15 Downloads
A stability-indicating method for the determination of bendrofluazide in bulk powder as well as in tablets is described. The compound is extracted with methanol containing salicylamide as an internal standard and an aliquot taken. The chromatographic column was stainless steel, 4mm×25 cm, packed with 5 μm Hypersil ODS and the mobile phase was methanol-water (50∶50), flow rate 2 cm3 min−1. Superiority of the proposed method to official methods is demonstrated after statistical comparison.
Key WordsLiquid chromatography Bendrofluazide Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- British Pharmacopoeia 1980, HM Stationery Office London, 1980, vol. II, p. 738.Google Scholar
- F. R. Fazzari, J. Ass. Off. Analyt. Chem.59, 90 (1976).Google Scholar
- British Pharmacopoceia 1973, HM Stationary Office, London, 1973, p. 47.Google Scholar
- J. Bermejo, Galenica Acta14, 255 (1961); C. A. 56, 10286e (1962).Google Scholar
- J. F. Magalhaes, M. G. Piros, Rev. Farm. Bioquim. Univ. Sao Paulo8, 273 (1971); C.A. 75, 121466p. (1971).Google Scholar
- H. C. Chiang, J. Pharm. Sci.50, 885 (1961).Google Scholar
- National Formulary XIV, American Pharmaceutical Association, Washington DC, p. 61ff (1975).Google Scholar
- K. Matsushima, K. Kiyota, Iryo23, 1561 (1969); C.A. 73, 112897m (1970).Google Scholar
- J. Dobrecky, B. G. Gonzalez, Rev. Farm.114, 34 (1972); C.A. 78, 7794f (1973).Google Scholar
- W. Spendley, in “Statistical Methods in Research and Production”,O. L. Davies andP. L. Goldsmith (eds.), 4th Ed. Oliver and Boyd, Tweeddale Court, Edinburgh, 1972; p. 64.Google Scholar