The polarity of polyoxyethylene glycol dialkyl ethers and their sulphur analogs as measured by parameters considering intermolecular electric interactions
The new stationary phase polarity parameters BN and BS evaluated from the concept of the electric intermolecular interactions are used to describe the polarity of polyoxyethylene glycol dialkyl ethers and their sulphur analogs. Relations between the discussed parameters and accepted measures of surfactants' polarity are presented and discussed. The considered parameters are correlated with the compound structures. Structural increments for characteristic fragments of the molecule are calculated and use to predict BN and BS values.
Key WordsGas chromatography Stationary phase polarity Polarity parameters Structure-retention relationships
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Lamparczyk, A. Radecki, Chromatographia18, 615 (1984).Google Scholar
- A. Voelkel, Chromatographia23, 197 (1987).Google Scholar
- H. Lamparczyk, Chromatographia20, 283 (1985).Google Scholar
- H. Merkwitz, Doctoral Thesis, Bergakademie Freiberg, Freiberg, GDR, 1985.Google Scholar
- H. Merkwitz, R. Jacobi, J. Beger, K. Gloe, P. Mühl, Z. Chem.25, 231 (1985).Google Scholar