A sensitive method for the determination of nitroamines in alcoholic beverages
- 23 Downloads
Nitrosamines in alcoholic beverages and malted barley were analysed by adsorption from the gas phase onto a porous polymer trap of Chromosorb 104 and subsequent desorption of the trapped compounds directly to a gas chromatograph fitted with glass capillary column and alkali-FID. The detection limit for NDMA was 0.05 μg/l in beer samples and 0.3 μg/kg in malted barley.
Key WordsAdsorbents Beer Malt Nitrosamine analysis N-nitrosodimethylamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Spiegelhalder, G. Eisenbrand, R. Preussman, Food Cosmet. Toxicol.17, 29 (1979).Google Scholar
- E. O. Goff, D. H. Fine, Food Cosmet. Toxicol.17, 569 (1979).Google Scholar
- D. G. Lance, P. A. Barrett, T. E. Kavanagh, B. T. Clarke, J. Inst. Brew., London87, 19 (1981).Google Scholar
- L. C. Verhagen, J. Strating, J. Inst. Brew., London87, 57 (1981).Google Scholar
- D. C. Havery, J. H. Hotchkiss, T. Fazio, J. Food Sci.47, 501 (1981).Google Scholar