Comparison of concrete slabs pretensioned with composite bars and steel wires
- 39 Downloads
A test program was set up to study AFRP as prestressing reinforcement for concrete slabs. The paper describes short-term, long-term and cyclic loading tests on ten slabs. The structural behavior of the pretensioned slabs, under these loading conditions, is investigated. Finally, it is concluded that the use of AFRP as prestressing reinforcement can offer promising perspectives.
KeywordsTest Program Steel Wire Structural Behavior Concrete Slab Promising Perspective
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. de Sitter and R. Vonk, “Splitting forces in FRPR pretensioned concrete”, Proc. of FRP Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, ACI SP-138 (1993), pp. 1–14.Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Erki and S. Rizkalla, “FRP reinforcement for concrete structures”, Concrete International, June, 48–53 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Taerwe, “FRP developments and applications in Europe”, in: Fiber Reinforcing Plastic for Concrete Structures, A. Nanni (ed.), Elsevier (1993), pp. 99–114.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Noritake, R. Kakihara, S. Kumagai, and J. Mizutani, “Technora, an aramid FRP rod”, in: Fiber Reinforcing Plastic for Concrete Structures, A. Nanni (ed.), Elsevier (1993), pp. 267–290.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Gerritse, E. Maatjes, and H. Schürhoff, Prestressed Concrete Structures with High Strength Fibers, IABSE Reports, Vol. 55, Zürich (1987), pp. 425–432.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Gerritse and J. Werner, “First application of Arapree”, in: Fiber Reinforced Cements and Concretes: Recent Developments, R. N. Swamy and B. Barr (eds.), Elsevier Applied Sciences, London (1989), pp. 50–59.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Gerritse and H. Schürhoff, Prestressing with Aramid Tendons, Technical Contribution to FIP 10th Congress, New Delhi (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Burgoyne, “Tests on beams prestressed with polyaramid tendons”, Proc. of Advanced Composite Materials in Bridges and Structures. ACMBS 1, K. Neal and P. Labossire (eds.), Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (1992), pp. 231–239.Google Scholar