Natural vibration of the beam-strip fabricated from a composite material with small-scale curvings in the structure
- 25 Downloads
The frequency and forms of natural vibrations of a hinged beam-strip fabricated from a composite material with small-scale curved structures have been investigated using the plate theory in the framework of the Timoshenko hypothesis. The mechanical relationships of the composites are described by the Akbarov and Guz continuum theory. Using the corresponding variational principle, a method of solution of the considered problem is presented. Specific numerical investigations have been carried out for the case when the strip material consists of alternating equidistantly located and curved isotropic layers. The effect of existence of the curving in the beam-strip structure on its frequencies and forms of natural vibrations is studied. Cases of periodic and local curvings in the beam-strip material structure are considered separately.
KeywordsComposite Material Material Structure Variational Principle Numerical Investigation Continuum Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. N. Guz', Mechanics of Compressive Failure of Composite Materials [in Russian], Moscow-Kiev (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.S. D. Akbarov and A. N. Guz', “Statics of laminated and fibrous composites with curved structures,” Appl. Mech. Rev.,45, 1735 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.S. D. Akbarov and A. N. Guz', “On the continuum theory in mechanics of composite material with small-scale curved structures,” Prikl. Mekh.,27, No. 2, 3–13 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.J. N. Reddy, “A review of refined theories of laminated composite plates,” Shock Vib. Dig.,22, 3–13 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Kromm, “Über die Randquerkräfte biegestützter Platten,” ZAMM,35, 231–242 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.A. L. Goldenveizer, “On Reissner's theory of the bending of plates,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, OTN, No. 4, 102–109 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.E. Reissner, “The effect of transverse shear deformation of the bending of elastic plates,” J. Appl. Mech.,12, No. 1, A69-A77, (1945).Google Scholar
- 10.R. M. Christensen, Mechanics of Composite Materials, Wiley (1979).Google Scholar