Right heart pigtail catheter for selective angiocardiography
- 43 Downloads
The use of a modified pigtail catheter for right heart angiocardiography provides a safe method of obtaining good quality contrast studies of right heart lesions in infants and children. The catheter is also useful in left ventriculography in complete atrioventricular canals or other complex cardiac lesions.
Key wordsCardiac catheterization Angiocardiography Ventricular catheter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grollman JH, Gyepes MT, Helmer E (1970) Transfemoral selective bilateral pulmonary arteriography with a pulmonary-artery-seeking catheter.Radiology 96:202–204Google Scholar
- 2.Stanger P, Heymann MA, Tarnoff H, Hoffman JIE, Rudolph AM (1974) Complications of cardiac catheterization of neonates, infants and children.Circulation 50:595–608Google Scholar
- 3.Swan HJC, Ganz W, Forrester J, Marcus H, Diamond G, Chonette D (1970) Catheterization of the heart in man with use of a flow-directed balloon-tipped catheter.N Engl J Med 293:447–451Google Scholar
- 4.Takahashi M, Petry EL, Lurie PR, Kirkpatrick SE, Stanton RE (1970) Percutaneous heart catheterization in infants and children. I. Catheter placement and manipulation with guide wires.Circulation 42: 1037–1048Google Scholar
- 5.Vlad P, Hohn A, Lambert EC (1964) Retrograde arterial catheterization of the left heart. Experience with 500 infants and children.Circulation 29:787–793A0946015 00015 CS-SPJRNPDF [HEADSUP]Google Scholar