A multi-national, multi-parameter marine study of the western Solomon Sea and Region
- 34 Downloads
A geological /geophysical survey of the western Solomon Sea and Manus Basin, northeastern Bismarck Sea, was carried out in 1983-84. The results of the survey and associated studies are reported in this issue and a later issue ofGeo-Marine Letters.
KeywordsPacific Plate Ocean Bottom Seismometer States Geological Survey Professional Paper Inside Back Cover
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hamilton W (1979) Tectonics of the Indonesian region. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 1078, 345 ppGoogle Scholar
- 2.Davies HL, Symonds PA, Ripper ID (1984) Structure and evolution of the southern Solomon Sea. BMR Journal of Australian Geology and Geophysics 9:49–63Google Scholar
- 3.Stewart WD, Francis G, Deibert DH (1986) Hydrocarbon potential of the Cape Vogel Basin, Papua New Guinea. Oil and Gas Journal 17:67–71Google Scholar
- 4.Tilbury LA (1975) Geophysical results from the Gulf of Papua and Bismarck Sea. Bureau of Mineral Resources, Australia Record 1975/115Google Scholar
- 5.Davies HL (1977) Crustal structure and emplacement of ophiolite in southeastern Papua New Guinea. Geological Survey of Papua New Guinea Report No 77/15Google Scholar
- 6.Lock J, Davies HL, Tiffin DL (1987) The Trobriand Trough in the western Solomon Sea. Geo-Marine Letters (in press)Google Scholar