Diarrhea after total and selective vagotomy
- 36 Downloads
The rate of evacuation of water from the stomach was found to be significantly increased by vagotomy and drainage procedure. The rate was not affected by the type of drainage procedure or vagotomy. The rate of emptying in patients who develop diarrhea after vagotomy and drainage procedure was significantly faster than that in patients who were symptom-free after operation.
KeywordsPublic Health Diarrhea Drainage Procedure Selective Vagotomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Cox AG, Bond MR: Bowel habit after vagotomy and gastro-jejunostomy. Brit Med J i:460, 1964Google Scholar
- 4.Marshall RL: Diarrhoea following gastric surgery. J Roy Coll Surg Edinb 9:307, 1964Google Scholar
- 10.Kiely PB: Post-vagotomy diarrhoea. Brit Med J 1:840, 1968Google Scholar
- 11.Burge H: Sequelae of vagotomy. Brit Med J i:1187, 1966Google Scholar
- 13.Hollander F: The insulin test for the presence of intact nerve fibres after vagal operations for peptic ulcer. Gastroenterology 7:607, 1947Google Scholar
- 15.Dragstedt LR, Camp EH, Fritz JM: Recurrence of gastric ulcer after complete vagotomy. Ann Surg 130:843, 1949Google Scholar
- 18.Hunt JN: Regulation of gastric emptying, Modern Trends in Gastroenterology. Edited by FA Jones. London Butterworth, 1958Google Scholar