Anticollagen antibodies in patients with juvenile chronic arthritis
Using ELISA antibodies, titres to collagen type I, II and III in sera of patients with juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) were assayed. Results were compared with titres of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Increased antibodies titres to all three collagen types were found in comparison with healthy individuals of the same age. Average titres in patients with RA were higher than those of the JCA group. When antibodies titres were correlated with erythrocyte sedimentation rate in 1 hour (ESR/1h) statistical significance was found only in RA group for collagen type II.
Key wordsAnticollagen Antibodies Juvenile Chronic Arthritis Rheumatoid Arthritis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Menzel, C., Steffen, C., Kolarz, R., Eberl, R., Frank, O., Thumb, N. Demonstration of antibodies to collagen and of collagen-anticollagen immune complexes in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid. Ann Rheum Dis 1976, 35, 446–450.Google Scholar
- 3.Novotna, J., Adam, M. Anticollagen antibodies in patients with osteoarthrosis. Conn Tiss Dis. In press.Google Scholar
- 5.Arnett, F.C., Edworthy, S., Bloch, D.A., McShane, D.S., Fries, J.F. and the ARA Rheumatoid Arthritis Criteria Subcommittee: The 1987 Revised ARA Criteria for Rheumatoid Arthritis. 51st Annual Meeting of ARA Proc., Washington, 1987, S17.Google Scholar
- 7.Deyl, Z., Adam, M., Preparation of insoluble collagen. In: The Methodology of Connective Tissue Research, Editor: Hall D.A., Oxford, Joynson-Bruvves Ltd. 1976, 1–23.Google Scholar
- 8.Adam, M., Deyl, Z., Macek, K. Ways of collagen separation in the pathologically altered tissue. J Chromatogr 1979, 162, 136–142.Google Scholar
- 14.Danieli, M.G., Gabrielli, A., Caniglia, M.L., DeLustro, F., Giorgi, P.L. Antibodies to type II collagen in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. XI European Congress of Rheumatology Proc., Athens, 1987, 18.Google Scholar
- 19.Watson, W.C., Cremer, M.A., Wooley, P.H., Townes, A.S. Assessment of the potential pathogenicity of type II collagen autoantibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Evidence of restricted IgG3 subclass expression and activation of complement C5 to C5a. Arthritis Rheum 1986, 29, 1316–1321.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 20.Goto, M., Miysaka, N., Nishioka, K. Stimulation of interleukin 1 release from human monocytes by CB peptides of type II collagen. 51st Annual Meeting of ARA Proc., Washington, 1987, S 58.Google Scholar