Isotopic splenoportography: A continued appraisal
1. The isotopic splenoportogram is presented as a simple, accurate method for the emergency differential diagnosis of upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
2. The technic also has been found useful in elective preoperative studies as a measure of the dynamic physiologic function of portal circulation and in evaluating idiopathic splenomegaly and, postoperatively, in evaluating a portal-systemic shunt.
3. Thirty case studies are reviewed as evidence of the usefulness and accuracy of this procedure.
KeywordsPublic Health Differential Diagnosis Physiologic Function Gastrointestinal Bleeding Accurate Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Greenlaw, R. H., andSchwartz, S. I. Evaluation of portal circulation by percutaneous splenic isotope injection.J. Nurl. Med. 2: 85, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.Welch, C. E., Allen, A. W., andDonalson, G. A. Surgical management of acute upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage.New England J. Med. 252:921, 1955.Google Scholar