- 17 Downloads
A case of duodenal obstruction in a 65-year-old man is presented. The preoperative diagnosis of carcinoma of the duodenum was not correct. The short history was explained by pancreatitis of an annular pancreas secondary to penetration of a duodenal ulcer into the head of the pancreas.
KeywordsPublic Health Carcinoma Pancreatitis Duodenal Ulcer Preoperative Diagnosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Lehman, E. P. Annular pancreas as a clinical problem.Ann. Surg. 115:574, 1950.Google Scholar
- 6.Dreiling, D. A., Kirschner, P. A., andNemser, H. Chronic duodenal obstruction: A mechano-vascular etiology of pancreatitis. I. Report of 6 cases illustrating this clinical variety.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 5:991, 1960.Google Scholar
- 8.Reemtsma, K. “Embryology and Congenital Anomalies of the Pancreas.” InSurgical Diseases of the Pancreas, Howard and Jordan. Lippincott, Philadelphia, 1960, p. 21.Google Scholar
- 9.Galvão, N. B., andAlvariz, F. G. Pancreas anular.J. Bras. Med. 5:71, 1961.Google Scholar
- 10.Cattell, R. B. Discussion.Ann. Surg. 133:762, 1951.Google Scholar