Old and new tests for bilirubin in the urine
- 22 Downloads
The efficiency of 4 urine bilirubin tests was investigated by examining 247 urine specimens of jaundiced patients.
Ictotest (Ames) was found to be the most sensitive. The simple and economical Rosenbach test came close to the sensitivity of Ictotest.
The height of the indirect serum bilirubin and the amount of bile in the urine were not always parallel.
KeywordsPublic Health Bilirubin Serum Bilirubin Urine Specimen Jaundice Patient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shutkin, M. W., andCaine, D. The clinical value of bilirubin determinations in routine urinalysis with an improved method.Am. J. Gastroenterology 23:235, 1955.Google Scholar
- 2.Levinson, S. A., andMacFate, R. P. Clinical Laboratory Diagnosis (ed. 4). Philadelphia, Lea, 1951.Google Scholar
- 3.Todd, J. C., andSanford, A. H. Clinical diagnosis by laboratory methods (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, Saunders, 1943.Google Scholar
- 4.Franklin, M. A new tablet test for urinary bilirubin.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 34:1145, 1949.Google Scholar
- 7.Klatskin, G., andBungards, L. An improved test for bilirubin in urine.New England J. Med. 248:712, 1953.Google Scholar
- 8.Hoffman, W. S. The Biochemistry of Clinical Medicine. Chicago, Yr. Bk. Pub., 1954.Google Scholar