Stability of a radiation-absorbing ionizing shock wave in an electromagnetic field
- 22 Downloads
The linear stability of a radiation-absorbing ionizing shock wave (light detonation waves) in the presence of a uniform electromagnetic field is investigated. The applied electric field is considered to be normal to the wave front and the magnetic field to be parallel to the front and perpendicular to the plane in which perturbations propagate. The medium satisfies a two-parameter equation of state. Analytic stability criteria are obtained. For a perfect gas the effect of the electromagnetic field and radiation on shock wave stability is determined.
KeywordsRadiation Magnetic Field Shock Wave Fluid Dynamics Analytic Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Barmin and S. A. Egorushkin, “Stability of shock waves,”Advances in Mechanics,15, 3 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.C. S. Gardner and M. D. Kruskal, “Stability of plane magnetohydrodynamic shocks,”Phys. Fluids,7, 600 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.O. L. Filippova,Stability of MHD-Flows with Surfaces of Discontinuity, [in Russian], Thesis for the degree of Candidate in Physico-Mathematical Sciences, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.O. A. Sinkevich, “Stability of a plane ionizing shock wave,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,199, 48 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Zubtsov and O. A. Sinkevich, “Stability limits of a shock wave in a transverse magnetic field,”Teplofiz. Vysok. Temp.,13, 1286 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Zubtsov and O. A. Sinkevich, “Stability limits of a plane ionizing shock wave in a longitudinal magnetic field,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 195 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Kulikovskii and G. A. Lyubimov, Magneto-Hydrodynamics, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass. (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.S. I. Anisimov, Ya. A. Imas, G. S. Romanov, and Yu. V. Khodyko,Action of High-Power Radiation on Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Kulikovskii and G. A. Lyubimov, “Magnetohydrodynamic shock waves ionizing a gas,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,129, 52 (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Barmin and N. A. Golubin, “Stability of an ionizing shock wave in an electromagnetic field,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 6, 134 (1978).Google Scholar