Slag resistance of vibration-cast refractory concretes with an aluminosiliceous composition
- 16 Downloads
The slag resistance of refractory concretes prepared from mechanically activated aluminosiliceous binding suspensions is investigated. The composition of the binding part of vibration-cast refractory mixtures strongly affects their slag resistance. A good effect is obtained by introducing finely milled corundum-, zircon- and chromium-containing additives. The concretes were tested in the lining of a heating well and in the lining of the doors of the charging gates of open-hearth furnaces.
KeywordsFurnace Zircon Corundum Good Effect Refractory Concrete
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Unmolded Refractories in Ferrous Metallurgy, A Review of Informmetall [in Russian], Issue 18 (294), Inst. Chermetinformatsiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.I. G. Ochagova, “Lining of steel-teeming ladles in foreign countries,”Ogneupory, No. 3, 57–60 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Moeck, “Einsatz und erfahrungen mit ungeformten feuerfesten Massen in Ofenanlagen der Zementindustrie,”Zement — Kalk — Gips, No. 2, 91–95 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Katayama, T. Takahashi, et al., “Results of construction tests using high-strength castable for lining,”Taikabutsu Overseas,4(4), 20–27 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Routschka and A. Majdic, “Studien zum rheologischen Verhalten von feuerfesten Vibrations-Massen,”Sprechsaal,119(3), 164–173 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.I. I. Nemets and M. A. Trubitsyn, “New silica-aluminosilicate binding compositions for preparing refractory materials,” in:Abstr. Rep. of All-Union Sci.-Eng. Meeting “Development and Use of High-Endurance Refractories in the Steel-Melting Industry,” [in Russian], Inst. Chermetinformatsiya, Moscow (1985), p. 13.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. E. Pivinskii, F. S. Kaplan, and P. V. Dyakin,Physicochemical Foundations of Processing Natural Raw Materials and Industrial Waste in the Production of Heat-Resistant Materials [in Russian], Syktyvkar (1989), p. 49.Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Nemets, M. A. Trubitsyn, and V. A. Saushkin, “Unfired shaped refractories based on chamotte-quartz binding compositions,”Ogneupory, No. 10, 35–38 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Asai, H. Oba, H. Kida, et al.,Refractories and Linings [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. E. Pivinskii, V. A. Bevz, and P. L. Mityakin, “Basic principles of preparing highly concentrated suspensions of quartz glass,”Ogneupory, No. 3, 46–50 (1979).Google Scholar