Liquid-liquid extraction of α-activation products of iron with HDEHP
The carrier-free radiotracers,52,56Mn,55,56,58Co and56,57Ni were produced simultaneously by accelerated α-particle activation of iron. They were subsequently studied through LLX using the liquid cation exchanger, HDEHP, as an extractant. A considerable enrichment of individual carrier free radionuclides of manganese, cobalt and nickel was achieved. Production and verification of purity of the carrier-free radiotracers at different stages of their extraction were carried out by γ-ray spectroscopic studies.
KeywordsIron Physical Chemistry Nickel Cobalt Manganese
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.O. E. Neiweg, D. A. Piers, H. A. Beekhuis, A. M. J. Paans, J. Welleweerd, W. Vaalburg, M. G. Woldring, J. Nucl. Med., 22 (1981) 68.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Zweit, P. Carnochan, R. Goodall, R. J. Ott, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 44 (1993) 1411.Google Scholar
- 5.C. M. Haskell (Ed.), Cancer Treatment, 3rd ed. W. B. Saunders Company, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.N. R. Das, S. Banerjee, S. Lahiri, Radiochim. Acta., 69 (1995) 61.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Lahri, S. Banerjee, N. R. Das, Appl. Radiation Isotopes,47 (1996) 1.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Lahiri, S. Banerjee, N. R. Das, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 47 (1996) 413.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Lahiri, S. Banerjee, N. R. Das, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 48 (1997) 15.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Lahiri, S. Banerjee, N. R. Das, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. (in press).Google Scholar
- 11.N. R. Das, D. Basu, S. N. Bhattacharyya, Nucl. Geophys., 5 (1991) 307.Google Scholar
- 12.E. Browne, R. B. Firestone, Table of Radioactive Isotopes, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1986.Google Scholar