On-line storage, retrieval, and evaluation of long-term electrocardiographic monitoring data
- 16 Downloads
A set of on-line computer programs has been designed and implemented for the acquisition and long-term storage, retrieval, and evaluation of Holter monitoring data. The physician interpreting Holter tapes enters his findings in the computer system using an on-line remote terminal located in the heart station. The programs are available practically around the clock and allow reviewing of individual cases, preparation of printed reports, and fast evaluation of the presence or absence of a number of common findings in the entire data base. Approximately 800 cases have been entered since the initiation of this project in early 1977.
KeywordsComputer Program Computer System Data Base Fast Evaluation Individual Case
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harrison, D. C., Ambulatory monitoring: A 1975 overview.Heart Lung 4:537–539, 1975.Google Scholar
- 2.Fozzard, H., and Kinias, P., Computers for recognition and management of arrhythmias.Med. Clin. North. Am. 60:291–298, 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.Hubelbank, M., Feldman, C. L., Lane, B., and Singer, P., An improved computer system for processing long-term electrocardiograms.Computers in Cardiology. Thoraxcentrum, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Oct. 2–4, 1975.Google Scholar
- 4.Karpman, H., Review of current technology and clinical applications of ambulatory electrocardiographic monitoring.Proceedings, AAMI 12th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, March 13–17, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Hooper, J. K., Underhill, S. J., and Kennedy, H. L., An ambulatory electrocardiogram patient report and data base.Computers in Cardiology. Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 7–9, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.Budkin, A., Daily, J. D., Hunt, D., Bechtel, L. E., and Harvey, B. F., The Miami Heart Institute Information System.J. Med. Systems 2:45–57, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.Katz, A., Budkin, A., and Shupler, R., An automated radiology information system.Radiology 124:699–704, 1977.Google Scholar
- 8.Budkin, A., Gosselin, A. J., and Stokes, T. J., On-line computer storage, retrieval, and reporting of coded angiography data.Radiology 127:141–145, 1978.Google Scholar