Proximity between life distributions and exponential distributions (I)
- 46 Downloads
Many classes of life distributions have been introduced into reliability theory. Because of the importance of exponential distributions in reliability theory, it is interesting to study the difference between life distributions and exponential distributions. In this paper, we study the proximity between the life distribution in various classes and the exponential distribution. We shall give some simple upper bounds.
Key wordsExponential distribution life distribution classes IFR IFRA NBU NBUE DMRL HNBUE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.E. Barlow and F. Proschan,Statistical Theory of Reliability and Life Testing (Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- M.C. Bryson and M.M. Siddique, Some criteria for aging, JASA 64(1969)1272–1283.Google Scholar
- B. Klefsjő, The HNBUE and HNWUE classes of life distributions, Naval Logistics Res. Quart. 29(1982)331–344.Google Scholar
- M. Brown and Ge Guangping, Exponential approximations for two classes of aging distributions, in:China-Japan Symp. on Statistics, Beijing (1984).Google Scholar
- M. Brown, Approximating IMRL distributions by exponential distributions, with applications to first passage times, Ann. Probab. 11(1983)419–427.Google Scholar
- A.D. Solov'yev, Analytic methods of calculating and estimating reliability, in:Problems of Mathematical Reliability Theory, ed. B.V. Gnedenko (Radio i Svyaz' Press, Moscow, 1983), in Russian.Google Scholar
- Cheng Kan and He Zongfu, Exponential approximations in the classes of life distributions, Acta Math. Appl. Sinica (English Series), to appear.Google Scholar
- He Zongfu and Cheng Kan, Exponential approximations for some classes of life distributions, to appear.Google Scholar
- Cheng Kan and He Zongfu, Proximity between life distributions and exponential distributions (II), Ann. Oper. Res., this volume.Google Scholar
- D.J. Daley, Tight bounds on the exponential approximation of some aging distributions, Ann. Probab. 16(1988)414–423.Google Scholar