Plastic deformation and weakening of barriers in high-speed piercing by a wedge-shaped punch
- 23 Downloads
The method of index grids yielded experimental data on the distribution of residual deformations in a plate made of alloy AMg6 after it had been pierced by an elongated wedge-shaped punch with a speed of approximately 4000 m/sec. The article analyzes the possibility of weakening barriers of natural and artificial geomaterials where the distribution of residual stresses is similar.
KeywordsExperimental Data Residual Stress Plastic Deformation Residual Deformation Alloy AMg6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Grigoryan, translation editor, Dynamics of Impact [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Steppanov, V. V. Kharchenko, V. N. Gurskii, and A. M. Ul'chenko, “Local deformation in thin plates during piercing,” Probl. Prochn., No. 10, 69–73 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Kukudzhanov, “Numerical modeling of dynamic processes of deformation and failure of elastoplastic media,” Usp. Mekh.,8, No. 4, 21–65 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. I. Voitenko, V. D. Kukshin, and A. F. Beloivan, Behavior of a plate under local dynamic loading, in: Blasting in Borehold Technology and Industrial Building Construction, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1991), pp. 93–97.Google Scholar
- 5.G. D. Del', The Method of Index Grids [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Gontaruk, A. I. Orlenko, S. V. Koval', et al., “Spatial calculation of reinforced-concrete structures affected by impact, explosive, and seismic loads,” Problemy Bezopasnosti pri Chrezvychainykh Situatsiakh, No. 7, 84–97 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.G. G. Savenkov, “High-speed penetration of a thin plate into a metal strip,” Probl. Prochn., No. 8, 45–58 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Mikhalyuk, Rocks Under Nonuniform Dynamic Loads [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.V. N. Nikolaevskii, “The theory of nonlinear waves and the characteristic of seismic signals,” in: Nonlinear Wave Processes, Mir, Moscow (1987), pp. 273–295.Google Scholar
- 10.G. S. Pisarenko, V. A. Agarev, and A. L. Kvitka, Resistance of Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.V. G. Miklyaev and P. G. Dukenkov, Resistance to Deformation and Ductility of Aluminum Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar