The effects of histamine liberators and exogenous histamine on wound healing in rat
- 36 Downloads
The effects of compound 48/80, adenosine-5-triphosphate (ATP) and exogenous histamine (Hi) on the healing of excised surface wound and tensile strength of surgical skin wound in rat were studied.
The chemicals were injected directly into the wounded area. 48/80, ATP and exogenous Hi were found to stimulate the wound healing as measured by collagen formation, tensile strength examination and a measurement of the surface circular wound. When given separately, the order of activities was: 48/80>ATP>Hi; when administered together as a mixture, compound 48/80, ATP and exogenous Hi also accelerated the wound healing. The mixture shortened the healing process by about 5 days as compared with 17 days in control.
KeywordsCollagen Tensile Strength Histamine Wound Healing Healing Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Kahlson andB. Zederfeldt,Association between Histamine Forming Capacity and Regeneration Growth, Acta chir. scand.119, 207 (1960).Google Scholar
- Cz. Maśliński, K. Sternik, J. Magrowicz, R. Bilski, W. Kafliński andW. Markowiak,Sur le rôle de l'histamine dans la cicatrisation, in:La Cicatrisation (C.N.R.S., Paris 1965), p. 297.Google Scholar
- N. Sandberg,Accelerated Collagen Formation and Histamine, Nature194, 183 (1962).Google Scholar
- R. Dąbrowki andCz. Maśliński,The Effect of Histamine on Collagen Formation and Collagen Polimerisation in the Skin Wound Healing of Guinea-Pigs, Life Sci.II, 9, 189 (1970).Google Scholar
- N. Sandberg,Some Aspects of the Rate of Wound Healing, and Histamine Formation, in:La Cicatrisation (C.N.R.S., Paris 1965), p. 113.Google Scholar
- J.F. Woesner,The Determination of Hydroxyproline in Tissue and Protein Samples Containing Small Properties of this Iminoacid, Arch. Biochem. Biophys.93, 440 (1967).Google Scholar
- G. Kahlson, K. Nilson, E. Rosengren andB. Zederfeldt,Wound Healing as Dependent on Role of Histamine Formation, LancetII, 230, 279 (1960).Google Scholar
- W.M. Artis, H.E. Jones andA.A. Blazkovec,Histamine Inhibition of Human Lymphocytes Transformation, Fed. Proc.34, 4434 (1975).Google Scholar
- M.J. Glimcher andS.M. Krane,Studies of the Interaction of Collagen and Phosphate, in:Radioisotopes and Bone (Ed. P. Lacroix and A.M. Budy, B.S.P. Ltd, Oxford, England 1962), p. 393–418.Google Scholar