Determination of Br, Rb, Cs, Sc and Na in various plant leaves located in an urban park by neutron activation analysis
In order to determine the effect of airborne emission of trace elements, e.g. Br, Rb Cs, Sc and Na on roadside ecosystem, concentrations were determined in different species of plants from an urban park at Lahore. For monitoring purpose attention was paid to the leaves ofSapindus mukorossis, Alstonia scholaris andDiospyros embryopteris. Different varieties of tissues were found to have different concentration of trace elements when compared among themselves. The concentration of trace element deposition was compared with the values reported in literature. Significant pollution was observed.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Activation Analysis Neutron Activation Neutron Activation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Zafar Iqbal, M. Abdul Qadir,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 144 /1990/ 35.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Tran Van, D.K. Teherani,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 135 /1989/ 443.Google Scholar
- 3.I.H. Qureshi, Shujaat Ahmad, M.S. Chaudry, A. Mannan,The Nucleus, 21 /1984/ 15.Google Scholar
- 4.R.C. Thompson, L. Hussain, Trace Elements in Aerosol along the Long Island Expressway, Division of Laboratories and Research New York, State Department of Health, Albany, NY /220/, USA.Google Scholar
- 5.T.S. Fordyce, D.W. Sheibley,J. Air Pollut. Control Assoc., 25 /1975/ 721.Google Scholar