Experimental research on the hydrophysical characteristics and dynamics of waters in the north-west Black Sea in the region of the main Black Sea current
- 16 Downloads
The results of measurements of hydrophysical parameters in the upper layer of the sea at an observation site located south-west of the Crimea are reported. The current pattern, the distribution of the upwelling and downwelling zones at the observation site, and the location of the mesoscale fronts are discussed.
KeywordsClimate Change Environmental Physic Experimental Research Observation Site Current Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blatov, A. S., Bulgakov, N. P. and Ivanov, V. A.Variability of Hydrophysical Fields in the Black Sea. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.Blinkov, V. A., Kukushkin, A. S. and Fomina, L. K. Peculiarities of the temperature and the current velocity distribution in the upper layer of the western Black Sea. In:Complex Studies of the Black Sea. Sevastopol: MHI UkSSR Acad. Sci. (1984), pp. 77–82.Google Scholar
- 3.Manual on Hydrometeorological Studies in the Oceans and Seas. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.Hudson, D.Statistics for Physicists. Moscow: Mir (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Bogatko, O. N., Boguslavsky, S. G. and Belyakov, Yu. M. The surface currents in the Black Sea. In:Complex Studies of the Black Sea. Sevastopol: MHI UkSSR Acad. Sci. (1979), pp. 77–82.Google Scholar
- 6.Fedorov, K. N.Physical Nature and Structure of the Oceanic Fronts. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1983).Google Scholar