Weakly non-linear free oscillations in a basin of variable depth
- 13 Downloads
Weakly non-linear free oscillations in a basin of variable depth filled with non-viscous fluid are investigated in terms of the long waves theory using the perturbation technique. Solutions to the initial two approximations for the horizontal velocity component and free surface departure are numerically derived. An attempt is made to determine the area of applicability of the linear theory by applying a parabolic bottom profile to the basin.
KeywordsClimate Change Free Surface Velocity Component Environmental Physic Linear Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kochin, I. E., Kibel, I. A. and Rose, I. V.Theoretical Hydromechanics. Part 1. Moscow: Gostekhizdat (1955), 560 p.Google Scholar
- 2.Proudman, J.Dynamic Oceanography. London and New York: Methuen and John Wiley (1957), 409 p.Google Scholar
- 3.Lamb, G.Hydrodynamics. Moscow and Leningrad: Gostekhizdat (1947), 948 p.Google Scholar
- 4.Kashiyama, K. and Kawahara, M. Boundary type finite element modeling of harbour oscillations.Finite Elem. Water Resour. Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Lisboa. (1986), pp. 619–628.Google Scholar
- 5.Maramzin, V. Ya. Calculations of seiches in real basins. In:Wave Processes in the North-western Pasific Ocean. Vladivostok: DVNTS Akad. Nauk SSSR (1980), pp. 112–118.Google Scholar
- 6.Maramzin, V. Ya. Calculations of seiche oscillations by the method of finite elements in a basin of arbitrary form. In:Theoretical and Experimental Investigations of Long-wave Processes. Vladivostok: DVNTS Akad. Nauk SSSR (1985) pp. 104–114.Google Scholar
- 7.Arkhipkin, V. S., Ivanov, V. A. and Nikolaenko, E. G. Modelling of barotropic seiches in south seas. In:Modelling of Hydrophysical Processes and Fields in Enclosed Basins and Seas. Moscow: Nauka (1989), pp. 104–117.Google Scholar
- 8.Voltsinger, N. E. and Pyaskovsky, R. V.The Theory of Shallow Water. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1977), 111 p.Google Scholar
- 9.Naife, A.An Introduction to the Methods of Disturbances. Moscow: Mir (1984), 535 p.Google Scholar
- 10.Tikhonov, A. I., Vasil'eva, A. B. and Sveshnikov, A. G.Differential Equations. Moscow: Nauka (1985), 231 p.Google Scholar
- 11.Korn, G. and Korn, T.Reference Book on Mathematics. Moscow: Nauka (1974), 831 p.Google Scholar