Propagation of long waves in straits
- 23 Downloads
The non-linear effects induced when a long wave propagates in a strait of arbitrary cross-section are investigated. Comparative analysis of the wave parameters for straits with different geometries is carried out. The relationships between the wave amplitudinal characteristics, the non-linearity scales, and the parameters of the strait's cross-section are considered.
KeywordsClimate Change Comparative Analysis Environmental Physic Wave Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stoker, J. J.Water Waves. New York: Interscience (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Chuguev, R. R.Hydraulics. Leningrad: Energoizdat (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.Lighthill, J.Waves in Fluids. Moscow: Mir (1981) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Vinogradova, M. B., Rudenko, O. V. and Sukhorukov, A. P.Wave Theory. Moscow: Nauka (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Gradshtein, I. S. and Ryzhik, I. S.Tables of Integrals, Sums, Series, and Products. Moscow: Nauka (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.Voltsinger, N. E., Klevanny, K. A. and Pelinovsky, E. N.Long-Wave Dynamics of the Coastal Zone. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1989).Google Scholar