Estimation of the buoyancy profile on the dispersion characteristics of internal waves
- 33 Downloads
In this paper an interaction method is proposed for estimating the buoyancy frequency as a function of depth based on the frequency dependence of wave numbers of internal normal waves. Examples are given of the numerical reconstruction of buoyancy frequency profiles demonstrating convergence of the algorithm. An iterative scheme for the solution of the given problem with an expanded convergence area is obtained on the basis of iteration by stages.
KeywordsClimate Change Frequency Dependence Environmental Physic Internal Wave Iterative Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nelepo, B. A., Terekhin, Yu. V., Kosnyrev, V. K. and Khmyzov, B. E.Satellite Hydrophysics. Nauka: Moscow (1983), p. 46 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.Pelinovsky, E. N. (Ed.).The Action of Large-scale Internal Waves on the Sea Surface. Gorky, 1982 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Le Blond, P. and Mysek, L.Waves in the Ocean. Moscow: Mir (1981), Vol. 1, pp. 101–110 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Gelfand, I. M. and Levitan, B. M. On the determination of a differential equation by its spectral function.Izv. Akad. Nauk SSR, Math. Ser. (1951)15, 309–360 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Bakus, G. and Gilbert, F. Numerical applications of a formalism of geophysical inverse problems.Geophys. J. R. Astron. Soc. (1967)13, 247–276.Google Scholar
- 6.Le Blank, L. R. and Middleton F. H. An underwater acoustic sound velocity data model.JASA (1980)67, 2055–2062.Google Scholar
- 7.Levitan, B. M.Inverse Problems of Sturm-Liouville. Moscow: Nauka (1984), pp. 65–75 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.Kantorowtis, L. V. On the Newton method for functional equations.Rep. Acad. Sci. USSR (1948)59, 1237–1240 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.Krupin, V. D. Computations of sound velocities in the wave guides based on the phase function method. Problems of ship construction.Acoustics (1977)9, 3–14 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.Flatte, S. M. Spreading of waves in stochastically-inhomogeneous media. Oceans's acoustics.IEEE (1983)71, 45–78 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.Baikov, S. V., Burov, V. A., Goryunov, A. A. and Saskovets, A. B. Extension of the convergence area in the iteration method for the solution of the inverse problem of refraction.Vestnik Moscow Univ., Ser. 3, Phys. Astron. (1982)23, 22–26 (in Russian).Google Scholar