Numerical modelling of the Sea of Azov's dynamics resulting from narrowing of the mouth of Taganrog Bay
- 11 Downloads
The currents and surface level oscillations in the Sea of Azov ensuing from contraction of the mouth of Taganrog Bay are computed using the grid technique on the basis of a numerical solution to the system of quasi-linear, degenerate, parabolic, partial derivative equations (‘shallow-water’ equations). It is demonstrated what changes are to be expected in the dynamics of the Sea of Azov should this project be realized. The computations were carried out for typical wind directions.
KeywordsClimate Change Numerical Modelling Wind Direction Environmental Physic Surface Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vorovich, I. I. (Ed.).Rational Use of the Sea of Azov's Water Resources. Mathematical Models. Moscow: Nauka (1981), 360 p.Google Scholar
- 2.Vorovich, I. I., Gorstko, A. B., Dombrovsky, Yu. A., et al. The general characteristic and description of the imitational model for the Sea of Azov.Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR (1981)256, 1052–1056.Google Scholar
- 3.Surkov, F. A., Bronfman, A. M., Chernus, E. A., et al. Modelling of abiotic factors of the Sea of Azov's ecosystem.Izv. SKNTS VSH. Nat. Sci. (1977) No. 2, 21–50.Google Scholar
- 4.Vol'tsinger, N. E. and Pyaskovsky, R. V.A Theory of Shallow Water. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1977), 207 p.Google Scholar
- 5.Baklanovskaya, V. F., Pal'tsev, B. V. and Chechel', I. I. About the boundary problems for Saint-Venan's system of equations on a plane.ZHVM MF (1979)19, 708–725.Google Scholar
- 6.Flatter, R. A. and Heaps, N. S. Tidal computations for Morecamoe Bay.Geophys. J. R. Astron. Soc. (1975)42, 489–517.Google Scholar
- 7.Krukier, L. A. Implicit difference schemes and an itertion method of solving them for one class of systems of quasi-linear equations.Izv. Vuzov. Matem. (1979) No. 7, 41–52.Google Scholar
- 8.Krukier, L. A. On some methods of constructing a B-operator in implicit two-layer iteration schemes providing for their convergence if the dissipative operator is used.Izv. Vuzov. Matem. (1983) No. 5, 41–47.Google Scholar