Optimality and duality with generalized convexity
- 133 Downloads
Hanson and Mond have given sets of necessary and sufficient conditions for optimality and duality in constrained optimization by introducing classes of generalized convex functions, called type I and type II functions. Recently, Bector defined univex functions, a new class of functions that unifies several concepts of generalized convexity. In this paper, optimality and duality results for several mathematical programs are obtained combining the concepts of type I and univex functions. Examples of functions satisfying these conditions are given.
Key WordsGeneralized convexity duality fractional programming multiobjective programming minmax programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hanson, M. A., andMond, B.,Necessary and Sufficient Conditions in Constrained Optimization, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 37, pp. 51–58, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Bector, C. R., Suneja, S. K., andLalitha, C. S.,Generalized B-Vex Functions and Generalized B-Vex Programming, Proceedings of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, pp. 42–53, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Bector, C. R., Suneja, S. K., andGupta, S.,Univex Functions and Univex Nonlinear Programming, Proceedings of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, pp. 115–124, 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.Hanson, M. A., andMond, B.,Further Generalizations of Convexity in Mathematical Programming, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, Vol. 3, pp. 25–32, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Singh, C.,Duality Theory in Multiobjective Differentiable Programming, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, Vol. 9, pp. 231–240, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.Singh, C., andHanson, M. A.,Multiobjective Fractional Programming Duality Theory, Naval Research Logistics, Vol. 38, pp. 925–933, 1991.Google Scholar
- 9.Bector, M. K., Husain I., Chandra, S., andBector, C. R.,A Duality Model for a Generalized Minmax Program, Naval Research Logistics, Vol. 35, pp. 493–501, 1988.Google Scholar