Asymptotic linearization and stabilization for a class of nonlinear systems
- 56 Downloads
This paper presents a nonlinear output feedback which asymptotically linearizes the class of nonlinear, continuous-time, affine in the control systems having relative degree equal to the state space dimension. Moreover, we show that any set of eigenvalues can be assigned for the asymptotic closed-loop linear system. The controller is based on a nonlinear observer, presented in a previous paper, and on the linearizing state feedback proposed by Isidori and computed in the estimated state. The main result obtained is equivalent to the separation theorem in the linear case.
Key WordsNonlinear systems regulation nonlinear observers asymptotic linearization stabilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Byrnes, C. I., andIsidori, A.,Asymptotic Stabilization of Minimum-Phase Nonlinear Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 36, pp. 1122–1137, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Isidori, A.,Nonlinear Control Systems: An Introduction, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.Sastry, S. S., andIsidori, A.,Adaptive Control of Linearizable Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 34, pp. 1123–1131, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.Isidori, A., andByrnes, C. I.,Output Regulation of Nonlinear Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 35, pp. 131–140, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Marino, R., andTomei, P.,Dynamic Output Feedback Linearization and Global Stabilization, Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 17, pp. 115–121, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.Ciccarella, G., Dalla Mora, M., andGermani, A.,A Luenberger-Like Observer for Nonlinear Systems, International Journal of Control, Vol. 57, pp. 537–556, 1993.Google Scholar