Optimal ordering policy of a sequencing model
- 55 Downloads
In this note, we are concerned with the study of a sequencing problem applicable to situations where the optimal choice amongn! sequences is sought. A class of sequencing problems is proposed. Based on the adjacent pairwise interchange of two objects, necessary and sufficient conditions for an optimal ordering policy are given. Examples from the literature are considered and shown to be special cases of the proposed model. The results of this paper improve recent results given in Refs. 1 and 2.
Key WordsOptimal sequencing pairwise interchange policy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Duffuaa, S. O., andRaouf, A.,An Optimal Sequence in Multicharacteristics Inspection, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 67, No. 1, pp. 79–86, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Lawler, E. L., andSivazlian, B. D.,Minimization of Time-Varying Costs in Single-Machine Scheduling, Operations Research, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 563–569, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Raouf, A., Jain, J. K., andSathe, P. T.,A Cost Minimization Model for Multicharacteristic Component Inspection, IIE Transactions, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 187–194, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, H. L.,On the Optimality of a Simplified Multicharacteristic Component Inspection Model, IIE Transactions, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 392–398, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Kwan, C. C., andYuan, Y.,A Sequential Selection Problem, Decision Sciences, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 762–770, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.Glazebrook, K. D., andGitten, J. C.,On Single Machine Scheduling under Precedence Constraints and Linear or Discounted Costs. Technical Report, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford, England, 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.Smith, W. E.,Various Optimizers for Single-Stage Production, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 54–66, 1956.Google Scholar