Uniform oriented matroids without the isotopy property
- 78 Downloads
We give an easy general construction for uniform oriented matroids with disconnected realization space. This disproves the longstanding isotopy conjecture for simple line arrangements or order types in the plane.
KeywordsDiscrete Comput Geom Order Type Convex Polytopes Oriented Matroids Continuous Surjection
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 4.B. Jaggi and P. Mani-Levitska, A simple arrangement of lines without the isotopy property, Manuscript, Bern, January 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Richter and B. Sturmfels, On the topology and geometric construction of oriented matroids and convex polytopes, submitted.Google Scholar
- 9.N. E. Mnev, The universality theorems on the classification problem of configuration varieties and convex polytope varieties, inTopology and Geometry—Rohlin Seminar (O. Y. Viro, ed.), Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1346, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Vershik, Topology of the convex polytopes' manifold, the manifold of the projective configurations of a given combinatorial type and representations of lattices, inTopology and Geometry—Rohlin Seminar (O. Y. Viro, ed.), Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1346, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.B. Sturmfels,Computational Synthetic Geometry, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, to appear.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1989