An application of interactive analysis and computer graphics in stochastic modeling
- 38 Downloads
This paper will describe the application of an interactive queueing network analyzer and an interactive graphics system to the analysis of a multiple processor computer system. The application of these tools greatly increased the productivity of the modelers and resulted in insights which would have otherwise been difficult, if not impossible, to obtain. With this experience as background, we discuss how the increasing availability of computing resources, especially high resolution interactive computer graphics and sophisticated modeling packages, is likely to have a profound influence on the applied stochastic modeler.
Keywords and phrasesQueueing graphics performance modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Baskett, K.M. Chandy, R.R. Muntz and F. Palacios-Gomez, Open, closed and mixed networks of queues with different classes of customers, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 22(1975)248.Google Scholar
- G.J. Burkland, P. Heidelberger, M. Schatzoff, P.D. Welch and L.S.Y. Wu, An APL system for interactive scientific-engineering graphics and data analysis,Conf. Proc. APL 84 (The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. 1984) p. 95.Google Scholar
- S.S. Lavenberg and M. Reiser, Stationary state probabilities at arrival instants for closed queueing networks with multiple types of customers, J. Appl. Prob. 17(1980)1048.Google Scholar
- C.H. Sauer and E.A. MacNair,Simulation of Computer Communications Systems (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1983).Google Scholar
- K.C. Sevcik and I. Mitrani, The distribution of queueing network states at input and output instants, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 28(1981)358.Google Scholar