Classification of the similarity solutions of free Kramers equation
- 20 Downloads
We obtain, a complete classification of all possible nontrivial similarity solutions of the free Kramers equations, together with a necessary and sufficient condition for each type to be reducible to the heat equation. A confluent hypergeometric solution of the free Kramers equation is derived for some classes of similarity solutions.
Key WordsBrownian motion free Kramers type group classification heat and confluent hypergeometric solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Beals and V. Protopopescu,Trans. Theo. State Phys. 12:109 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.W. M. Shtelen and V. I. Stogny,J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 22:L539 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.P. J. Olver,Applications of Lie Groups to Differential Equations (Springer, Berlin, 1986).Google Scholar
- 4.G. W. Bluman and S. Kumei,Symmetries and Differential Equations (Springer, Berlin, 1989).Google Scholar
- 5.L. V. Ovsjannikov,Group Properties of Differential Equations (Novosibirsk, 1962).Google Scholar
- 6.G. W. Bluman,SIAM J. Appl. Math. 39(2) (1980).Google Scholar