Hierarchical ferromagnetic vector spin model possessing the Lee-Yang property. Thermodynamic limit at the critical point and above
The hierarchical ferromagneticN-dimensional vector spin model as a sequence of probability measures onR N is considered. The starting element of this sequence is chosen to belong to the Lee-Yang class of measures that is defined in the paper and includes most known examples (ϕ4 measures, Gaussian measures, and so on). For this model, we probe two thermodynamic limit theorems. One of them is just the classical central limit theorem for weakly dependent random vectors. It describes the convergence of classically normed sums of spins when temperature is sufficiently high. The other theorem describes the convergence of “more than normally” normed sums that holds for some fixed temperature. It corresponds to the strong dependence of spins, which appears at the critical point of the model.
Key WordsHierarchical ferromagnetic vector spin model Gibbs measure Lee-Yang property Laplace transformation critical point thermodynamic limit theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. M. Bleher, Large deviation theorem in the neighborhood of the critical point, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Moscow, Preprint 76 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.P. M. Bleher and P. Major, Renormalization of Dyson's hierarchical vector valued model at low temperatures.Commun. Math. Phys. 95:487–532 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.P. M. Bleher and P. Major, Critical phenomena and universal exponents in statistical physics, On Dyson's hierarchical model,Ann. Prob. 15:431–477 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Fernandez, J. Froehlich, and A. Sokal,Random Walks, Critical Phenomena, and Triviality in Quantum Field Theory (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1992), p. 390.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Gawedski and A. Kupiainen. Non-Gaussian fixed points of the block spin transformation. Hierarchical model approximation,Commun. Math. Phys. 89:191–220 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Gawedski and A. Kupiainen, Massless lattice ϕ44 theory: Rigorous control of a normalizable asymptotically free model,Commun. Math. Phys. 99:197–252 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Ibragimov and Yu. V. Linnik,Independent and Stationary Sequences of Variables Random (Wolters-Noordhoff, Groningen, 1971).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Kozitsky, Hierarchical model of a ferromagnet. Self-similar block-spin distributions and the Lee-Yang theorem,Rep. Math. Phys. 26:429–445 (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Kozitsky and N. O. Melnik, Random vectors with the Lee-Yang property,Theor. Math. Phys. 78:177–186 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Kozitsky, Some inequalities for spin models possessing the Lee-Yang property, to appear.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Verbeure and V. Zagrebnov, Phase transitions and algebra of fluctuation operators in exactly soluble model of a quantum anharmonic crystal,J. Stat. Phys. 69:329–359 (1992).Google Scholar