Lattice Boltzmann simulations of flow past a cylindrical obstacle
- 157 Downloads
We present lattice Boltzmann simulations of flow past a cylindrical obstacle. Our study is based on the Lévy walk model of turbulence in a lattice Boltzmann model. We discuss pressure around the cylinder with laminar and “turbulent” incident flows, as well as the dependence of the von Karman street on the analog of integral scale in our model.
Key WordsTurbulence modeling lattice Boltzmann methods wakes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Chen, S. Chen, and W. H. Matthaeus,Phys. Rev. A 45:R5339 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Wagner,Phys. Rev. E 49:2115 (1994);Phys. Fluids 6:3516 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.P. W. Bearman,J. Fluid Mech. 46:177 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.M. F. Schlesinger, B. J. West, and J. Klafter,Phys. Rev. Lett. 58:1100 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Hayot and L. Wagner,Phys. Rev. E 49:470 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.C. Norberg, inBluff-Body Wakes, Dynamics, and Instabilities, H. Eckelmann, ed. (IUTAM Symposium Series, 1994).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Roshko, NACA TN-2913 (1953).Google Scholar
- 8.S. C. R. Dennis and G.-Z. Chang,J. Fluid Mech. 42:471 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.S. S. Abarbanel, W. S. Don, D. Gottlieb, D. H. Rudy, and J. Townsend,J. Fluid Mech. 225:557 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Kiya and H. Tamura,J. Fluid Eng. 111:126 (1989).Google Scholar