Subtleties in data analysis related to the size of critical region
- 21 Downloads
We comment on the analysis of the critical behavior of a layered driven diffusive system recently done by Achahbar and Marro. We discuss why we believe their method of taking the thermodynamic limit and determining the order-parameter exponent β leads to unreliable estimates.
Key WordsDriven diffusive systems critical behavior finite-size scaling computer simulations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Achahbar and J. Marro,J. Stat. Phys. 78:1493 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Katz, J. L. Lebowitz, and H. Spohn,Phys. Rev. B 28:1655 (1983);J. Stat. Phys. 34:497 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Schmittmann and R. K. P. Zia, inPhase Transitions and Critical Phenomena, Vol. 17, C. Domb and J. L. Lebowitz, eds. (Academic Press, London, 1995).Google Scholar
- 4.K.-t. Leung,Phys. Rev. Lett. 66:453 (1991);Int. J. Mod. Phys. C 3:367 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Albano, K. Binder, D. W. Heermann, and W. Paul,Z. Phys. B 77:445 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.S. M. Bhattacharjee and J. F. Nagle,Phys. Rev. A 31:3199 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.J. S. Wang, Anisotropic finite-size scaling analysis of a two-dimensional driven diffusive system,J. Stat. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Achahbar, P. L. Garrido, J. Marro, and J. J. Alonso, Nonequilibrium ordering and criticality in anisotropic lattice gases, Preprint (1994).Google Scholar