Transport directions for clastic material of Aptian-Senomanian deposits in western Turkmenia
- 28 Downloads
Transport directions for clastic material in Aptian-Senomanian time in western Turkmenia is the subject of this paper. Results were obtained by investigating the heavy minerals of sand deposits and stilizing the linear discriminant function. Mahalonobis' generalized distance was used as a measure of interrelations between samples. The linear discriminant function allowed separation of samples into two groups. Source of material for both groups was from the southeast. Comparison of all investigated sections with Sangu-Dag as the key section revealed some specific information about sediment transport direction.
KeywordsSediment Transport Discriminant Function Specific Information Generalize Distance Heavy Mineral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Demina, M. E., 1964, About a connection of average refraction index of the garnet test of the Aptian-Senomanian deposits in the southeast SSSR with a content of manganese in one: Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, v. 159, no. 6, p. 119–121.Google Scholar
- Librovich, V. L., 1963, The rock types of the Aptian and the Senomanian of the West Kopet-Dag and petrographic features of them: Trudy Vses. Geolog. Instituta, Novaja serija, v. 109, fsc. 14, p. 211–231.Google Scholar
- Luppov, N. P., 1938, On the paleography of middle Asia part SSSR in the Lower Cretaceous time: Izv. Acad. Nauk SSSR, Serija Geol., no. 3, p. 371–404.Google Scholar
- Shaphranovsky, J. J., 1933, Zircons of the Vishnevy mountains: Zapiscy Vsesojuznogo Miner. Obshestva, Pt 62, fsc. 1, p. 218–258.Google Scholar
- Vistelius, A. B., 1954, The mineral associations and character paragenesises of the Aptian-Senomanian terrigenous series of Transcaspian region: Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, v. 97, no. 3, p. 503–506.Google Scholar
- Vistelius, A. B., 1964, Paleogeographic reconstruction by absolute age determinations of sand particles: Jour. Geology, v. 72, no. 4, p. 483–486.Google Scholar
- Vistelius, A. B., and Demina, M. E., 1963, On a transportation of clastic materials in the Aptian-Senomanian basin in the southeast SSSR: Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, v. 150, no. 6, p. 1319–1322.Google Scholar
- Vistelius, A. B., and Krylov, A. J., 1961, On absolute age of the detrital part of arenaceous deposits in southwest part of middle Asia: Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, v. 138, no. 2, p. 422–425.Google Scholar