Effect of temperature on polaronic and bipolaronic structures of the adiabatic Holstein model
- 28 Downloads
It is proved that the polaronic and bipolaronic structures found in the adiabatic Holstein model at large electron-phonon coupling by Aubry, Abramovici, and Raimbault survive under connection of the electrons to a low-temperature heat bath, uniformly in the size of the system. Bounds are computed for one-dimensional nearest neighbor chains, and some sample solutions are continued numerically.
Key WordsElectron-phonon interaction temperature polaron Holstein model bifurcation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Aubry, Bipolaronic charge density waves and polaronic spin density waves in the Holstein-Hubbard model, in Proceedings ECRYS-93 (Carry-le-Rouet, France, June 1993),J. Phys. IV Coll. C2 (Paris)3:349–355 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Balescu,Equilibrium and Non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics (Wiley, New York 1975).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kennedy and E. H. Lieb, An itinerant electron model with crystalline or magnetic long range order,Physica A 138:320–358 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.R. S. MacKay and C. Baesens, A new paradigm in quantum chaos: Aubry's theory of equilibrium states for the adiabatic Holstein model, inQuantum Chaos, G. Casati, I. Guarneri, and U. Smilansky, eds. (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1993), pp. 51–75.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Reed and B. Simon,Functional Analysis (Academic Press, New York, 1980).Google Scholar