The radiation-induced inactivation and post irradiation effects of horseradish peroxidase solution
- 26 Downloads
The radiation-induced inactivation of horseradish peroxidase in dilute aqueous solutions has been studied. It has been found that inactivation is due to reactions of enzyme molecules with both e aq − and OH radicals, the destructive effect of the latter is enhanced by oxygen. Post irradiation recovery of enzyme activity has been also observed.
KeywordsOxygen Enzyme Physical Chemistry Aqueous Solution Enzyme Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.D. Delincée, B.J. Radola, F. Drawert,Acta Aliment., 2 /1973/ 259.Google Scholar
- 2.H.D. Delincée, B.J. Radola,Radiat. Res., 59 /1974/ 9.Google Scholar
- 4.B.J. Macris, P. Markakis,J. Food Sci., 36 /1971/ 812.Google Scholar
- 8.H.D. Delincée, B.J. Radola,Int. J. Radiat. Biol., 28 /1975/ 565.Google Scholar
- 11.O. Denk, W. Schnabel,Z. Naturf. /C/, 37 /1982/ 405.Google Scholar
- 12.L. Gębicka, D. Metodiewa, S. Bachman,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett. /in press/.Google Scholar