Nuclear microanalysis of titanium
- 28 Downloads
Application of charged particle activation analysis (CPAA) for the detection of traces of titanium has been demonstrated. Experimental samples containing traces of titanium varying from ppm to ppb levels were prepared by coprecipitating it with aluminium hydroxide, subsequently converted to Al2O3. Titanium in Al2O3 were irradiated with 40 MeV α-particles in the Variable Energy Cyclotron, Calcutta. The element was detected through the product radioisotopes,48V,47Ca,47Sc,51Cr,49Cr and48Cr, produced from various nuclear reactions such as (α, pxn), (α, xn), etc. Suitability of Al2O3 as diluent matrix for the element has been verified.
KeywordsAluminium Titanium Physical Chemistry Hydroxide Al2O3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z.P. Sawa, J. Blomqvist, W. Gullholmer,Nucl. Phys., A205 (1973) 257.Google Scholar
- 2.N.T. Porile, C.R. Lux, J.C. Pacer, J. Wiley,Nucl. Phys., A240 (1975) 77.Google Scholar
- 3.A.E. Vlieks, J.F. Morgan, S.L. Blatt,Nucl. Phys., A224 (1974) 492.Google Scholar
- 4.C.N. Chang, J.J. Kent, J.F. Morgan, S.L. Bhatt,Nucl. Instr. Meth., 109 (1973) 327.Google Scholar
- 5.N.R. Das, D. Basu, S.N. Blattacharyya,Appl. Radiat. Isot., 38 (1987) 939.Google Scholar
- 6.N.R. Das, D. Basu, S.N. Bhattacharyya,Ind. J. Phys., 65A (1991) 570.Google Scholar
- 7.N.R. Das, D. Basu, S.N. Bhattacharyya,Nucl. Geophys., 5 (1991) 307.Google Scholar
- 8.J.R. Rao, A.V.M. Rao, S. Mukherjee, R. Upadhyay, N.L. Singh, S. Agarwal, L. Chaturvedi, P.P. Singh,Nucl. Instr. Meth., B 24/25 (1987) 484.Google Scholar