Extraction of uranium/VI/ with octylphenyl acid phosphate from nitric acid solutions and its separation from some trivalent lanthanides
- 45 Downloads
The title compound-octylphenyl acid phosphate/OPAP/ in toluene has been used for the systematic extraction studies of uranium/VI/ and some trivalent lanthanides from nitric acid medium. The effect of variables like nature of diluent and concentrations of nitric acid and OPAP on extraction has been investigated. Basing on the extraction data, optimum conditions for the separation of U/VI/ from Ce/III/, Nd/III/, Gd/III/ and Tb/III/ have been worked out.
KeywordsPhosphate Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Toluene Optimum Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Shabana, H. Ruf,J. Radioanal. Chem., 36 /1977/ 387.Google Scholar
- 2.F.J. Hurst, D.G. Crouse,Ind. Eng. Chem., Process Des. Develop., 11 /1972/ 122.Google Scholar
- 3.C.J. Hardy,Nucl. Sci. Eng., 16 /1963/ 401.Google Scholar
- 4.C.F. Baes, Jr., R.A. Zingaro, C.F. Coleman,J. Phys. Chem., 62 /1958/ 129.Google Scholar
- 5.D.F. Peppard, G.W. Mason, S. McCarty,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 13 /1960/ 138.Google Scholar
- 6.F.J. Hurst, D.J. Crouse,Ind. Eng. Chem., Process Des. Develop., 13 /1974/ 286.Google Scholar
- 7.T.K.S. Murthy, V.M. Pai, R.A. Nagle, Proc. Symp. on Recovery of Uranium from its Ores and Other Sources, Organized by Int. Atomic Energy Agency, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1970, 341.Google Scholar
- 8.Kinnunen, Wennerstrand,Chemist-Analyst, 46 /1957/ 92.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Sato,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 24 /1962/ 475.Google Scholar