Determination of239+240Pu in surface air in several localities in Czechoslovakia in 1986 in connection with the Chernobyl radiation accident
- 29 Downloads
In connection with the radiation accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, the concentration of239+240Pu was determined in surface air at several localities of Czechoslovakia during the year 1986.239+240Pu was found in the surface air in the period of April 29–May 5 in amounts ranging from 10 to 140 μBq.m−3. In the period of June–December, 1986, the239+240Pu concentration in the surface air was comparable with that before the Chernobyl radiation accident.
KeywordsRadiation Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Power Plant Nuclear Power Plant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. Hölgye,Appl. Radiat. Isotopes, 37 /1986/ 1015.Google Scholar
- 2.Second Interim Report Radiation Situation in Finland from May 5 to 16, 1986, Report STUK-B-Valo 45 /Finnish Centre for Radiation and Nuclear Safety, Helsinki/ 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.Umweltradioaktivität und Strahlenexposition in Südbayern durch den Tschernobyl-Unfall, Report GSF-Bericht 16/86 /Gesellschaft für Strahlen- und Umweltforschung, München/ 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.A.T. Jakubick, Migration of Plutonium in Natural Soils, in: Transuranium Nuclides in the Environment, IAEA, Vienna, 1976, p. 47.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Hötzl, G. Rosner, R. Winkler, Report GSF-Bericht S-956 /Gesellschaft für Strahlen- und Umweltforschung, München/ 1983.Google Scholar
- 7.R.S. Cambray, G.N.J. Lewis, K. Playford, J.D. Eakins, Report AERE-R 10859 Environmental and Medical Sciences Division, AERE Harwell, Oxfordshire/ 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.R.S. Cambray, K. Playford, G.N.J. Lewis, Report AERE-R 11915 /Environmental and Medical Sciences Division, AERE Harwell, Oxfordshire/ 1985.Google Scholar