Extraction of Pm(III) from acidic solutions using dihexyl N,N-diethylcarbamoylmethyl phosphonate
- 31 Downloads
Benzene solution of dihexyl N,N-diethyl-carbamoylmethyl phosphonate (CMP) has been used for the extraction of Pm(III) from 0.2 to 6.0M HNO3. High extraction of Pm(III) was observed between 2 to 4M HNO3. The species extracted in the organic phase were Pm(NO3)3.3CMP and Pm (NO3)3 (3-n) CMP.nTBP when the extractants were CMP and CMP+TBP, respectively. Pm could be efficiently backextracted from both organic phases by pH 2.0 HNO3 solution.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Benzene Inorganic Chemistry Acidic Solution HNO3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.P. Horwitz, D.G. Kalina, A.C. Muscatello,Sep. Sci. Technol., 16 (1981) 403.Google Scholar
- 2.D.G. Kalina, E.P. Horwitz, L. Kaplan, A.C. MuscatelloSep. Sci. Technol., 16 (1981) 1127.Google Scholar
- 3.E.P. Horwitz, A.C. Muscatello, D.G. Kalina, L. Kaplan,Sep. Sci. Technol., 16 (1981) 417.Google Scholar
- 4.E.P. Horwitz, D.G. Kalina, L. Kaplan, W.G. Mason, H. Diamond,Sep. Sci. Technol., 17 (1982) 1261.Google Scholar
- 5.D.G. Kalina, E.P. Horwitz,Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 3 (1985) 235.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Hugen, Y. Yuxing, Y. Xuexian, Actinide Recovery from Waste and Low Grade Sources, Radioactive Waste Management (a series of monographs, Eds J.D. Navratil, W.W. Schulz), Harwood, Academic Publ. (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.J.N. Mathur, M.S. Murali, P.R. Natarajan,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Articles, 152 (1991) 127.Google Scholar
- 8.P.K. Khopkar, J.N. Mathur,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 39 (1977) 2063.Google Scholar