Neutron activation analysis for determination of cerium trace impurity in high purity lanthanum oxide
- 39 Downloads
Cerium trace impurity in high purity lanthanum oxide (≦99.99%) has been determined by NAA after pre-separation of La matrix. In this method, the sample was dissolved in conc. nitric acid and diluted with water. The final concentration of solution is about 0.1M of nitric acid. It was passed through a MnO2 column. Under these conditions cerium is retained on the column quantitatively without retaining lathanum. Cerium is eluted with 4M nitric acid. The recoveries of Ce were checked with tracers and by standard addition to lanthanum oxide matrices. Results obtained on a high purity lanthanum oxide are reported here.
KeywordsOxide Inorganic Chemistry Final Concentration Nitric Acid Cerium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Kubota,J. Radioanal. Chem., 36 (1977) 565.Google Scholar
- 2.I.M. Cohen,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 148 (1991) 155.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Maenhaut, J.P. Op de Beeck,J. Radioanal. Chem., 5 (1970) 115.Google Scholar
- 4.Nguyen Van Suc, H.B. Desai, R. Parthasarathy, S. Gangaharan,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 164 (1992) 321.Google Scholar
- 5.J.M. Hwang, J.S. Shih, Y. Chaiyech, S.C. Wu,Analyst, 106 (1981) 869.Google Scholar