A titrimetric method for the sequential determination of thorium and plutonium
- 45 Downloads
A method for the sequential determination of thorium and plutonium has been developed. In the sample solution containing thorium and plutonium, thorium is first determined by complexometric titration with EDTA and then in the same solution plutonium is determined by redox titration employing potentiometry. Prior to the determination of plutonium, EDTA is destroyed by fuming with concentrated HClO4. Thorium is determined at 10 mg level and plutonium at 1 mg level with precision and accuracy of better than ±0.5%.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry EDTA Inorganic Chemistry Titration Sample Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L.F. Walker, D.J. Temer, Report LA-7958, (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.S.P. Hasilkar, N. Gopinath, Keshav Chander, S.G. Marathe, H.C. Jain,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Articles, 122 (1988) 69.Google Scholar
- 3.C.L. Rao, G.M. Nair, N.P. Singh, M.V. Ramaniah, N. Srinivasan,Fres. Z. Anal. Chem., 254 (1971) 126.Google Scholar
- 4.G.R. Waterbury, C.F. Metz,Anal. Chem., 31 (1959) 1144.Google Scholar
- 5.S.P. Hasilkar, Keshav Chander, S.G. Marathe,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Articles, 139 (1990) 267.Google Scholar
- 6.Anil Kumar, P. Neta,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 102 (1980) 7284.Google Scholar
- 7.R.T. Chitnis, S.G. Talnikar, S.K. Patil,Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 28 (1977) 21.Google Scholar