Determination of gas flow distribution in a SO2-oxidation industrial reactor by radiotracer technique
Two independent experiments carried out with85Kr under the same production conditions have shown that the gas flow is not uniformly distributed over the cross-sectional area of the reactor, thus a simple model for two parallel streams was adopted to evaluate the influence of this maldistribution upon the SO2 conversion. Calculations have shown a diminution of 0.8% in the range of a total conversion of 97%, thus special attention must be paid to the reconstruction of the gas distribution device.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Simple Model Independent Experiment Production Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Urbanek, M. Trela,Catal. Rev.-Sci. Eng., 21(1), (1980) 73.Google Scholar
- 2.B.A. Fries,Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isotopes, 28 (1977) 829.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Thyn,ZfI Mitteilungen, 69 (1983) 408.Google Scholar
- 4.K.B. Bischoff, E.A. McCranken,Ind. Eng. Chem., 18 (1966) 58.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Thyn, R. Zitny,Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isotopes, 33 (1982) 137.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Traina et al.,Chim. Ind., 52(4) (1970) 329.Google Scholar
- 7.A.P. Wardle, S. Feyo de Azevedo,Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 67(1) (1989) 3.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Dida, CS Thesis, University of Tirana, 1991.Google Scholar