Zeolite analysis: PIXE, XRF or neutron activation
The determination of aluminium-to-silicon ratios in zeolites is of great benefit to catalyst technology and of general interest to mineralogists. However, such determinations tend to be open to error because of interferences that are due mainly to the juxtaposition of these elements in the Periodic Table. The capabilities of neutron activation, both with isotopic sources and accelerator based, of PIXE and of XRF were evaluated to establish which of these instrumental methods was best suited especially for routine on-line usage.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Zeolite Neutron Activation Great Benefit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. J. Hutchings, R. G. Copperthwaite,Suid-Afrikaanse Tydskrif vir Wetenskap, 81 (1985) 537.Google Scholar
- 2.L. B. Young, S. A. Butter, W. W. Kaeding,J. Catal., 76 (1982) 418.Google Scholar
- 3.W. O. Haag, N. Y. Chen, Catalyst Design, Progress and Perspective, John Wiley, New York, 1987, Chapter 6.Google Scholar
- 4.A. E. Pillay, M. Peisach, R. Carolissen, C. A. Pineda,Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B 45 (1990) 333.Google Scholar
- 5.H. J. M. Bowen, D. Gibbons, Radioactivation Analysis, Oxford University Press, London, 1963, p. 106.Google Scholar
- 6.A. E. Pillay, J. I. W. Watterson, A. H. Andeweg,Nucl. Geophys. 4 (1990) 209.Google Scholar
- 7.J. I. W. Watterson, A. Theoretical Study of Witwatersrand Gold Ore, Schonland Research Centre, University of the Witwatersrand, Report SRCNS 86/03, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.D.H. Stodderd, H.E. Hootman,252Cf Shielding, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, March 1971.Google Scholar
- 9.J. I. W. Watterson, A. E. Pillay, J. P. F. Sellschop, A. H. Andeweg,Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B 35 (1988) 349.Google Scholar
- 10.J. I. W. Watterson, A. E. Pillay, P. Nailand,Nucl. Instrum. Methods B 45 (1990) 75.Google Scholar
- 11.T. B. Johansson, R. Akselsson, S. A. E. Johansson,Nucl. Instrum. Methods, 84 (1970) 141.Google Scholar
- 12.J. P. Willis,Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B 35 (1988) 378.Google Scholar