Kinetic investigation of the reaction of pertechnetate with thiourea in a hydrochloric acid solution
- 37 Downloads
Reactions of pertechnetate ion with thiourea (tu) in a hydrochloric acid solution have been investigated by spectrophotometry. Two consecutive reactions were observed for the formation of a technetium-thiourea complex. The intermediate is considered to be a Tc(V)-tu complex ([TcO(tu)4]3+). The observed reaction rates of these two reactions were found to be second order with respect to the concentration of thiourea. The rate-determining step in the 1st step was concluded tobe the reduction of Tc(VII) to Tc(V) and that in the 2nd step to be the reduction of Tc(V) to Tc(III).
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Acid Solution Hydrochloric Acid Thiourea
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Jasim, R.J. Magee, C.L. Wilson,Talanta, 2 (1959) 93.Google Scholar
- 2.T.J. Beckmann, M. Lederer,J. Chromatogr., 5 (1961) 341.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Lederer, G. Roch,Ric. Sci., 36 (1966) 1354.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Morpurgo,Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2 (1968) 169.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Kopunec, Ľ. Oláh, F. Macášek,Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett., 29 (1977) 171.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Rajec, R. Kopunec, F. Macášek,Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett., 26 (1976) 51.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Kopunec, F. Macášek, P. Rajec, D. Hudecová,J. Radioanal. Chem., 51 (1979) 401.Google Scholar
- 8.M.J. Abrams, A. Davison, J.W. Brodack, A.G. Jones, R. Faggiani, C.J.L. Lock,J. Labelled Compd. Radiopharm., 14 (1982) 1596.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Münze, I. Dreyer, B. Grossmann, R. Dreyer,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 86 (1984) 79.Google Scholar
- 10.M.J. Abrams, D. Brenner, A. Davison, A.G. Jones,Inorg. Chim. Acta, 77 (1983) L127.Google Scholar
- 11.M.J. Abrams, A. Davison, R. Faggiani, A.G. Jones, C.J.L. Lock,Inorg. Chem., 23 (1984) 3284.Google Scholar