Radiochemical separation of Mn/II/ with 1,2,3-benzotriazole into 1-octanol employing solvent extraction technique
- 26 Downloads
1,2,3-Benzotriazole /1,2,3-BT/ has been used for the radiochemical separation of Mn/II/ employing solvent extraction technique. Based on various parameters such as pH effect, time of equilibration and effect of various solvents, etc. the ideal conditions for the extraction of Mn/II/ was evaluated. The stoichiometry of the metal to reagent was determined by the substoichiometric extraction and slope-ratio method and found to be 1∶2. The effect of anions on the extraction value of Mn/II/ revealed that a large number of anions do not interfere. Separation factors for various elements were also studied and the extraction found to be selective.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Solvent Extraction Ideal Condition Extraction Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Mendes, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 96 /1985/ 343.Google Scholar
- 2.I. A. Mendes, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 104 /1986/ 43.Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Mendes, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 105 /1986/ 201.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Subramanian, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 103 /1986/ 365.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Subramanian, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 105 /1987/ 117.Google Scholar
- 6.Jyotsna Kapadia, Z. R. Turel,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., Lett., 118 /1987/ 15.Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Vogel, Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, Longmans Green and Co. Ltd., London, 1975.Google Scholar